Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rumah Gadang, Padang Panjang, West Sumatera


Rumah Gadang, Padang Panjang, originally uploaded by algenta101.

The most viewed photos in my Flickr's gallery, about 5xxx and still growing. Do not know why people like to stare at this photos but it is indeed a unique house to the people of Minangs.

The largest Minang community apart from the West Sumatera is in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. It is also known as the Land of Adat Perpatih, which means the locals uphold the old customs dearly.

I was also come to a shock to learned hat I am a descendant of the Minangs as I was just been told that the father of my father is a homeboy of Pulau Sebang or local dialect as Pulau Sobang, Negeri Sembilan. Made me a waghih (heir)!

Maybe, and I say maybe, if I go deeply, I could be in the line of the Undangs or the Yamtuan himslef. Dreaming.......

No comments: